Friday, April 24, 2009

Late... but comments about American Idol this week

I intentionally haven’t been on-line until I could watch recorded American Idol this week. (That’s ok, didn’t have time either)
PART 1 OK, now is the week for Lil to go home. I’ve said this repeatedly, but who is listening to the judges for real? Her song was so all over the place. She is no American Idol winner.
Kris’ version of “She works hard for the money” was amazing. Paula’s comment of it being like Santana was a hot compliment! Wow! I would buy that single.
Danny Gokey is still one of my favorites. Even though he can really sing, I am not a fan of the song he sang. He is still so entertaining, even though he was singing a not so great song…. He was fabulous!
Allison’s rendition of her “disco” song was really well done. But, I would have liked to hear her sing something a little more up-beat. Doesn’t she have amazing vocals?
Adam Lambert is so above the rest. His voice is so perfect. I would buy him singing the phone book, or my grocery list. He took such a risk and I loved it! I also really like his humbleness. He has never been catty or egotistical. I love it!
Matt is so much fun to watch performing. He took a really well known song and made it kind of bluesy and hip. I think he will be around the entertaining world awhile, even if he leaves American Idol before the final. His talent is similar to Justin Timberlake in that I believe he is not just a one hit wonder. I knew that Simon wouldn’t like his song. I think he might have a different opinion if he was female.
Anoop sang a rendition of disco that I couldn’t really even recognize when he started. That was really a risk and I hope it works for him. It was to say the least, original. He is going to be a popular “pop” singer. If he stays in the genre, I think he will sell, sell, sell. He can really hit those notes too. Ballads are great for him, I agree with Kara.
My prediction is Lil and Anoop will leave. Anyone else leaving will surprise me. Will the judges wish they had saved their save? Stay tuned for Part 2
(I’m going to post these together, even though I watched the Tuesday night show first before writing above, and then watched Wednesday and wrote the following.)
Part 2 Paula is still an amazing dance choreographer! What a talent! The seven did a great job of dancing, although you could tell they were lip singing. Finally, Lil leaves! It didn’t make me sad except that we had to listen to her sing one more time. I admit I fast forwarded through her song. The medley of disco songs was interesting… songs were recognizable but the singers were not.
David Archuletta was awesome as always. He is such a sunny voice to hear. I love his upbeatedness! (new word for the day)
I was right on about who was leaving. But I know that Allison being in the bottom three was pretty hard for her. When it gets down to the final few, someone good leaves. Anoop has such class, and has demonstrated that throughout this competition. He is a true gentleman.
I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. Bring it on!

2 comments:

lani said...

you know, Kris is really growing on me. i'd like to see a Kris and Adam finale.

Nomad said...

poor Anoop; but at least he is really likable... there's a lot of other things he can well I'm sure