Wednesday, April 08, 2009

American Idol does song of their birth year.

Danny Gokey kicked off American Idol with a great song. He is really pretty adorable, and I really like his gospel flair. Chris did a song with guitar and though I've always liked him yikes it stunk. He has an amazing voice, but it was off tempo, no riffs, boring yuck. I agree with everyone about Lil. She was karoake Tina Turner. I like Tina, but I think I've seen a better copy in drag. Poor Scott, I don't know if he is getting bad advice or what, but his performance was an awful mess. Chords were off and his voice was flat in places. The only thing I can give him is he did try something different. DON'T TRY IT AGAIN, or you are gone Scott. Matt was so good! I liked him before but his song was like a Justin Timberlake and Toby Mac combo. Both good singers and awesome talents. He made the song his. I would have loved to see that performance in person. Allison keeps growing and growing as a performer. I keep having to remind myself that she is only 16. What a voice! She is quickly becoming one of my favorites. If she doesn't win, I would still buy her songs for my i-pod. It did help that she sang one of my favorite songs. Anoop was good, and I really appreciate that he was apologizing for his "bad look" to the judges. What can you say about Adam. He is so far above the other singers, unless he gets a bad vote, I believe he will be in the finals with someone else. I'll let you know later who I think it might be, but it will probably be female. My guess for who will leave tonight? I polled my family in Oklahoma. My guess is Scott, my niece guesses Scott too. My sister says Scott or Lil. My nephew says Lil or Anoop. We watched it in HD, wow, I loved it! Talk to you later....

1 comment:

Christy said...

I say Scott. :(