Wednesday, March 18, 2009

American Idol on the top 11 -- Country week

I’m a fan of country music, so this was a great show to watch. Scott was fun to watch. He is just a big guy with a heart of gold… a real person. Wasn’t the harmonica part amazing? Kris is such a cutie. He sings ballads so sweetly. He could record a cd with just love ballads and I would buy it. Allison is kind of a female version of Adam. She is gorgeous and fun to watch and is really young for her vocal ability. I still don’t feel too connected with Lil. I think she has a good voice, but honestly the song she sang was one of my favorite Martina McBride songs, and I think she butchered it. Adam’s choice was probably my least favorite country song out there. This may surprise you though… I thought he was really good. What a risk taker singing that song with a flair that only he can do. His vocals were breath taking. He hit some high notes that were right on perfect. What a talent. So, he won’t join Grand Ole Opry, but that boy can sing. I always like Scott’s music. Unfortunately, I felt the vocals were outshone by the piano. He’s an amazing pianist, so I hope he stays on, but stays on the piano too. Alexis was a little too karaoke. If I had to guess, she may leave tonight. At the very least she will be in the bottom 3. You know Danny is one of my favorites, and I really loved his version. I don’t think that Simon is a good judge of fashion. But, Danny was wearing something atrocious. He always dresses pretty casual, but this outfit was horrible! I can’t believe a fashion people would advertise they dressed him yesterday. Anoop sang another one of my favorite country songs. He did such a great job. I really hope he has a fan base to stay in the competition. He just always surprises me that that voice comes out of that body. I understand Megan just got back from the hospital, which may explain why her make-up was so dark. Her make-up artist must have been trying to cover the pale. She has a really different voice that would sure be recognizable on the radio. Matt, who I don’t consider him one of the top 5 was amazing. I know the song he sang and he changed it up so much it seemed like a different song. This would be a good show if you record (I do) you may want to keep and re-watch when nothing else is on television. My guess who is leaving is Alexis. I don't think Lil did very well, but I think the judges might be willing to save her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Michael Sarver? I kind of hope he stays on for a while just because he is a likable guy trying to change careers. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about everything...except Adam. He really did creep me out a little. ha ha!