Thursday, March 26, 2009

American Idol 10 do Motown

Matt, Let's get it on: Kris, How sweet it is: Scott, Can't hurry love: Megan, For once in my life: Anoop, Baby, Baby: Michael, Ain't too proud to beg: Lil, Heatwave: Adam, Tracks of my tears: Danny, Get Ready: Allison, Papa was a Rolling Stone.
Motown has so many songs to choose from that genre that it is actually so sad when someone chooses a wrong song at this point in the competition.
I'm a big fan of Matt, and his rendition of "Let's get it on" could only be outdone by Barry White. He has a way of inserting himself into the song, it's really enjoyable to watch him. Kris and his version of How Sweet it is, wow, how sweet he is! But is sweet enough at this point? Scott is always singing the same, I feel. I believe that he is talented, but I really would like to see him do something else. What I mean is, the last 3 weeks he has basically sung very similar songs. Ramp it up Scott! What can be said of Megan? Her performance was abysmal. I don't know what she was thinking. Awful song choice. Now, the song is good but her singing it was almost like a cruise ship wanna be. Argh! Anoop, sweet soulful, and his voice is just so sweet. I would buy that single. Michael seemed like he was having fun, but I really agree with the judges, he really needs to put more into it, step it up. His love of the fans was the best part of watching him. Talk about a disappointment with Lil! She should have nailed Motown genre, but she looked good, and that was it. Her song was just downright awful. Can you say karaoke?
Adam, oh wow, AGAIN! He is so in another league that even if he left tomorrow, he'd be a star and not be a loser at all. He sang hot and he looked hot! What a perfect face he has when he doesn't have his hair in his eyes. I actually really liked his look last night. I needed a fan going when he sang. HOT!!! Poor Danny having to follow Adam has to be a little unnerving, but he always does a good job. I agree with the judges it wasn't great, but he is so energetic, you can't help but enjoy his performance. I don't think he is in danger of leaving even if this wasn't his best song. Then, Allison having to be last... don't you think most 16 year olds would crumble under the pressure? She is such a trooper, and her song was really good. Her voice is so different, I think she is like a young Macy Gray. My guess for the leaver? Megan, if her song this week was different... Michael would be going. So, we shall see, won't we?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think Adam looks like Elvis? I do. I thought that maybe he was going to do Elvis Grand Ole Opry week even though I didn't think Elvis was THAT country. But after reading someone else's blog today...it must just be that he sort of looks like him. I think he did even more last night when he didn't have his hair in his face.

Suzanne said...

Adam does look like Elvis a little. Probably the biggest thing is his "star" quality. Adam and Elvis have/had the IT factor.