Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Boys first!

I so agree that this week was better than last week for the boys. The judges say they think the girls are doing better. While that may be true, I really enjoyed this week for the guys.
Mike is so smooth! A big boy, he really looked awesome and he obviously is very comfortable in his own skin. He was fun to watch. He was leaning a little into the theatrical with his rendition of This is a Man's World, but it was enjoyable.
John on the other hand was so uncomfortable to watch. He just can't compare to John Mayer when he is singing so shouldn't try to take on a John Mayer song. He wasn't dismal, he just wasn't great.
Casey sang as if he is already a star. I'm kinda impressed that he doesn't watch TV. Isn't that how he is making his living now? LOL He could sing a grocery list and I would probably like him, but I agree with Kara... 2 steps back from last week cause he was amazing last week. Bring your acoustic guitar back out Casey!
Alex sang Everybody knows and although he started rather badly on the guitar, he worked it out. He does have a unique voice. I wish he wasn't quite so nervous, I don't think we get his best with the nerves.
Todrick looked really good in his silver jacket but sorry, I thought his son was a stinker. He totally ruined a really awesome opportunity to entertain and kick it up with his moves.
Jermaine was just OK. I know he is a church singer, but honestly, he is giving church a bad name if he doesn't start working out the kinks.
Andrew singing James Morrison should have been awesome. Instead, he looked a little stiff and the song was just not good. I am a fan of his, but every since Straight Up, the judges are right, he hasn't clicked with the music.
Aaron, the cutie patootie 16 year old. I do hope he stays, because he does have such a potential to get better. I hope the younger teens and tweens keep him in the competition. He needs some more help with the song choice.
Tim Urban, I thought he did an ok job. I was a little surprised that he got such horrible comments from everybody but Simon. Simon was right, he was so much better this week than last.
Lee, who is one of my favorites did a decent job. I have to believe him being last was not a helper with the nerves. Hope he stays in, he has a really unique and good voice. The song was a little pitchy, but I go back and think it was nerves, cause he usually is on key.
If I had to guess, John Park and Alex Lambert will probably leave. I am not a fan of Jermaine, but I think he has a big fan base, so he probably won't go for awhile.
Later,

1 comment:

lani said...

i want jermaine and john to leave.i think jermaine is annoying and john is a snoozer. but we'll see!