Thursday, March 04, 2010

The Girls

Crystal did a good job. Considering she had some kind of illness that put her in the hospital, she had to be a little shaky, but she didn't seem to show it. She is different and I'm a fan, but I was not as impressed by her as the judges were. She will be getting a sympathy vote, I think.
Haeley is NOT my favorite. I find her voice a little screechy, and I have to admit... it was a mess! She did mix it a little bit, but she does not do it in the right places. Ugh! I really hope people will see that she isn't that good. She sang a Miley Cyrus song, which my daughter thought a better song would be Party in the USA.
Lacey is my favorite. She started off real well, and she is adorable. I love the smile, it seems much more genuine than Haley. Probably I like her too because she is 1)Christian and 2)Texan. She is still smiling listening to the comments. That has to be really hard.
Katie sang a younger song. She has such a great voice, but I really agree with the judges, her higher range is better than the lower register. The song was a good choice, just maybe the wrong key, which I think Kara mentioned.
Didi, another one of my favorites, sang Lean on Me. I wasn't familiar with her arrangement. Perhaps she tried to mess with the arrangement too much? Her voice reminds a little of Brooke White from a few years ago. Her song choice was not a really good one.
RYAN SEACREST was adorable comforting Didi wasn't he? He has to feel a little bit awkward when the singer gets shredded and then he has to announce their number to call to vote for them. He does such a great job of trying to be up and sometimes calling the judges on their negativity. I think the show would be really awful without him. I could also see him and Didi together... after the show. Don't they make a cute couple?
I saw them interact before and felt like there was a little bit of chemistry between them.
Michelle sang a Creed song. I like Creed. (Hard to believe isn't it?) I thought her outfit was a little bit weird, but it fit the rock song she chose. She is such a pretty girl. I'm not sure she is different enough to make me want to buy one of her cds. Her last note was a little bit flat. As in lower than the note should be. But, Kara was right, she was believable this week. I'm glad Simon agreed with the song choice, because she was trying to be current and take the Judges advice from last week. (Wearing Vera Wang was a cool thing, though you can buy Vera Wang at Kohl's so it isn't so exclusive, just beautiful design.)
Lilly is one of my favorites. I love the 12 string guitar. She is kinda strange to watch cause she makes a lot of funny squinchy faces. I don't know that I would choose the song she sang, but I like that you never know what she is going to pick. Her outfit was 10 times better than last week. She made Randy finally smile. Ellen was right, she was best of the night.
Katelyn sang The Planet by Coldplay. I would pay for that itunes download. She did a great job and she looked really pretty. It seems a little weird to see a white piano, instead of a black one. I disagree with Simon about her being corny. She was not near as corny with her face as Lilly is, and they both are good.
Paige sang a Kelly Clarkson song, Walk Away, but I think it is supposed to be sad, instead of singing and sounding so happy. She actually sounds a little like Kelly. Maybe too much to sing a song like that. I want her shirt. It was cute. I'm not convinced she has the best voice, but she does have a good voice. Ellen is right, if the singer is having fun, that is the most important part. I really don't get that Simon and Randy thought it was the wrong song, I only part way agree with them.
Siobhan singing an Aretha song was a little surprise, but it fit her. I agree with Randy, she is fearless. You have to love someone that takes such a risk. She was able to hit a note that was incredible. I hope she stays in the competition. She is quirky, and I love that!!!
My guess, who should go home would be Haeley and I can't choose another because I like the rest of them.
Well, we will see won't we?
Later,

No comments: