Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Top 12 on American Idol, First Showing

Although we really missed a larger tv with better sound. Kady & I watched American Idol in her hospital room. Sorry, they are out of order, but I am writing this today and I didn't take notes. I thought as a whole, everyone did a really good job.
Mike started off the show really well. It will take him some time to walk around the whole stage, but he is just really good!
Didi did a nice job and her voice is unique enough that no matter when she ends the show, she will obviously be making cds.
Katie was really beautiful. I think youth is working against her. She has a nice voice, but I want the winner to be a more significant different vocalist. She should do well among the contemporaries on Disney channel, but I don't see her recording main stream.
Tim sang a quirky little version that the judges weren't so excited about, but Kady thought he was really good. So, tweens everywhere were probably voting on him.
Aaron has come a long way since the beginning. I think he has a really good voice and I hope he does well in the competition. Singing Angie, was a stroke of genius. I don't think he will be forgotten.
Crystal, singing and playing the guitar did a decent job. I always felt her confidence was a little arrogance, but I didn't see it this show. You could tell she was a little distracted, but I think that actually added itself to the performance. Ryan commented that she was friends with Lilly. So, that being the case, perhaps as she advances, if she doesn't win, she should bring Lilly with her and they should do duet stuff.
Paige is not one of my favorites. She had laryngitis which is admirable for her to sound as good as she did, but I don't think her voice is unique to stand out in a crowd. All the other girls you can tell who is singing without looking. Paige isn't that different than say Jasmine from Disney Channel.
Siobhan is absolutely amazing. Her whole makeover was just awesome. Singing like she does, it is going to be her to beat in the girls, I believe
Andrew, one of my favorites, just didn't shine. I kept waiting for "something more" and I was disappointed. He has such a sweet family story, I would like to see him do well, but he really needs to step it up.
Casey, got such a hit from the judges. I think he is awesome and as Ellen says, eye candy for most women.
Lacey, is a favorite. Her look, her clothes, her story is such a seller to me. Her voice is unique and although she took a hit for song choice, I hope she stays in.
Lee did a great job. He too got some negative feedback, but I think he can overcome the bad comments and use it to make next week better. We like him.
I think Paige should leave, but if anyone other than Katie or Paige leaves, I will be disappointed.
Later,

No comments: