Thursday, March 11, 2010

Guys & Girls this week

This week because of having a sick child, we recorded and then actually watched later that night. I decided to combine the two nights and make some comments.
Katie sang Breakaway, a Kelly Clarkson song and got pretty bad comments. I like her, and I didn't think she really did that poorly. She is young but she did a decent job.
Siobhan sang House of Rising Sun. She wasn't near as awesome as last week but I think she gets better every week.
Lacey finally connected with the judges. I think she did a song I actually didn't know very well. But, she did a good job. She seemed a lot more relaxed this week.
Katelyn played the piano and it was just a little weird. I get that she was trying to be not so corny, but I don't think it really worked this week.
Didi is finally back sounding good. Seems like she has a similar personality to Brook White, but man they were hard on her last week. I'm glad she did better this week and got the judges to give her good comments.
Paige, well, I think she will go home this week. Her rendition of Smile was so boring and slow, I think I was ready to fast forward. She was so emotional singing the song. I get that it meant a lot because of Michael Jackson, but if you perform, you compartmentalize and deal with the emotion when you are finished singing.
Crystal was awesome. She just gets who she is and what she should be singing. So, judges of course will give her kudos. She is what the competition is about. Undiscovered talent.
Lilly, who is one of my favorites did a good job, but I hate watching her twitch her mouth when she sings. It's more over the top than I like. I would rather she just sang instead of trying to be so dramatic.
What girls are going home? Paige and Katelyn are my predictions.
Now the guys......
Lee, one of my favorite singers sang Fireflys, one of my favorite songs. I think it was really good and the arrangement was different enough to make it work. Randy seemed a little grumpy tonight. Kady likes the song Fireflys, but she said Lee's version was like homemade pizza. She would rather have Pizza Hut than homemade, meaning that she would rather have the original song by Owl City.
Alex singing Trouble was awful. I think he will be in trouble. Truthfully, I do not like his voice.
Tim singing Hallelujah was really good. He seemed more comfortable this week, and I hope he continues on.
Andrew singing Genie in a bottle, was just too weird. He was one of my favorite in the beginning and I loved his "Straight Up" but get real, sing a "boy" song already! The song was just too cutesy for him. It's a shame cause I think he really has some talent, but he keeps picking bad songs.
Casey James needs to be singing country music. He just looks like a Country singer to me. Of course, if you look back, singing a grocery list would work for me from him.
Aaron singing Already There was really good. It reminded me a little of Billy Gillman. I also agree with Simon, quit saying sing this, not that, not this, not that. Yikes, that has to be confusing. He is only 16, and he did a really ok job. I want him to stay in top 12 because he adds a youthful dimension to the whole group.
Todrick singing Somebody to Love, a Queen song, seemed a little bizarre to me. Had he kept it all in one mode, like Gospel, I think that it would have been better. He shuffled between a couple styles and I just didn't like it very well. He got good comments, but sorry, I didn't agree.
Mike, one of my favorites, sang in such a completely different league than all the guys. I played, then replayed and watched again with Kady, and I will have to say it was better the second time. I am not familiar with the song, so hearing it the second time it was easier to see (and hear) what the judges were talking about. He was good, very good. It's also fun to watch him because you never know what he is going to do. You could tell his wife is with him now, he just had a renewed energy in his performance, being able to sing "for his wife."
My predictions for the guys leaving are Alex and Andrew. Please note I really like Andrew, but his song choice has just been bad.
We will see. Later,

No comments: