Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What's going to happen?

After listening to the three sing tonight, I was thinking. (That can be trouble)
I think as a performer, Adam Lambert is almost (I said almost) in another league, as he has been all season. I appreciate his words at the end about appreciating the other two guys, and they were awesome. But, (you knew that was coming) I am thinking perhaps the finale should be between Kris and Danny. Partly, because at this stage, Adam is a performer and will have a career for years to come. He is talented. But, I like good competition and I think a finale between Kris and Danny would be more on a level ground. Don't know if that makes sense to anyone but me, but that's what I decided.
I was thinking about this earlier yesterday about how Adam Lambert has essentially paid his dues. He moved out to California a few years back and has been trying to break into the music field. That being said, he has obviously paid his dues. But, does that necessarily give him an edge?
Actually, from the beginning, American Idol was to discover someone who might not otherwise be discovered because of the nature of the competition. (I watched "Pop Star" too. If you don't know what I'm talking about, the was the pre-show like AI before AI began. They did a girl group "Eden's Crush" and a boy group "O Town". I bought both of the Cd's. No voting, just judges judging. But, they sang behind screens where you could only see their outline. After a few weeks, the winners (4 or 5) started as a group performing without screens. Interesting concept, but you know they make tons more money with callers calling in to vote. The phone company probably loves AI don't you know?
Last year I didn't care which David won, because I liked them both. So, my hope is that Danny wins. I'd like to see the finale be done by Danny and Kris, with Adam leaving tomorrow. But, I think Kris will probably leave tomorrow. I guess if I really "cared" or was at least manic about it, I would vote, but I don't.
We will see tomorrow, won't we? Later.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I am trying to vote for Danny and I can't get through. :(