Friday, February 27, 2009

American Idol...the next 3

Adam Lambert, Kris Allen and Allison Iraheta made it through this week. If you saw my facebook page you know that my vcr didn't quite record Wednesday nights show. I had several people tell me I didn't miss anything. OK, I trust y'all. The good news is with the format that AI is doing, I at least get to hear the "winners" sing the song that put them through.
So, Adam is really hot looking and I usually like his voice but the song he chose "not so much!" Part of the time I felt like he was yelling the song instead of singing it. I know that Rock goes like that sometimes, but it's like fingers on a chalkboard as far as the yelling goes.
Kris is a cutie and I really like the song he sang. "Man in the mirror" Although he is as different from Michael Jackson as it comes, he really did a decent job with the song.
Allison I remember from the Hollywood week. She is really young (and looks it) but her voice is kinda low and mellow. Very soothing. I could see her performing Nora Jones type songs. Or, maybe she will sing something from Sara Maclaughlan.
I thought Brooke White did a great job. She was one of my favorite girls during her season. She is a really good musician and her song was pretty catchy. Did it sound like something you have heard before too?
I don't think Norman Gentle, Nick is a good singer, but I thought if they did put him through it would definitely be entertaining. Can you just see Simon's skin crawl thinking about him going through. That was hilarious.
So next week will be the "Wildcard Week" That is a little different, but I'm looking forward to who they choose. Asnoop has to be one of them. It's kind of weird it being in the middle as there are 2 more groups to go right? So, are they going to have another Wildcard week in 3 more weeks. Let's wait and see.

No comments: