Thursday, February 19, 2009

American Idol commentary

I love American Idol. I have been a follower since the first year. I loved Kelly Clarkson, still do. The three that made it this week to the top twelve was fairly predictable. Danny Gorkey is my very favorite. But the Oil Rigger guy, Michael Sarver is pretty likable too. Alexis Grace is good, but no Kelly Clarkson, unlike the comparison. The girls as a whole, so far are pretty disappointing. There isn't a Jennifer Hudson or Fantasia in the group. Now they were good. No, they were awesome.
I think that its possible Anoop will be brought back as a wild card. That's my prediction. There was only 20k votes between him and Michael.
So, what was with the music choices. Simon is always right. (well, almost) I don't always approve of the way he says it, but man, some of those music arrangements this week were horrible.
Those that didn't make it that I liked were: Ricky Braddy and Steven Fowler. They both chose really awful songs. UGH
Coming up too are two people a little corny and don't know if they can really sing are Nathaniel Marshall and Nick Mitchell. Don't really get either one of them. Nick is the one who acts as Norman Gentle. OK, maybe they will be entertaining, but it is debateable whether I would buy their music.
Coming up I like, Adam Lambert, Lil Rounds, Matt Breitzke and Scott MacIntyre. Kady thinks that Adam is like putting the two Davids (Cook & Archuletta) together. Scott is a cutie patootie.
Didn't you just hate Titiana Del Toro, the drama queen? Yeah, she can sing, but I'm not sure the music business needs another drama queen. Her reaction from loosing to Danny Gorkey was just pathetic. It did not make me feel sorry for her. I'm glad for the less drama, better singers. Comments anyone?

1 comment:

lani said...

i'm a big Danny fan, too. i really think he will go far. but i think Idol needs to stop pimping the fact that he lost his wife a short time ago. the dude can sing, regardless. i also hope Anoop comes back, i liked him alot. and in the next batch i hope Scott makes it. ya, the girls are pretty weak this year. i tend to drift to the male singers every year anywy.