Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mimi the dog

This morning, I needed to give Mimi an antihistamine. She was itching and scratching (no fleas) from dry skin. Then she started sneezing and coughing. The first try was inserting the half pill in these little things called "Pill pockets". They are made for easier pill giving to your pet. They smell like something a dog would eat. So, I inserted the pill and gave it to Mimi to eat. She turned up her nose at the treat. So, I put the pill into some peanut butter (her favorite people food) She ate all the peanut butter and spit the pill out. So, (stupid me) I decided to try that again. This time I made sure the pill was completely covered up by peanut butter. Again, she ate all the peanut butter and spit the pill out. So, I really am smarter than a dog, so.... I crushed the pill up and mixed it into the peanut butter. She at the whole thing. Not to self: Use the last way as the first way next time. Time wasted giving pill to dog, 30 minutes.
This is the same dog who refuses to let us take her picture. We get the camera out and she runs under the bed. We can even just show her the cell phone and she will take off running away. (She knows cell phones take pictures, too) So, sorry, I can't post a picture of her.
This is also the dog that when someone said she was chubby, she growled at them.
She won't let us cut her toenails. She has to be taken to the doggy salon, and they love her there. She doesn't give them a bit of trouble. She does let me trim her hair. (She is a long-hair chihuahua) She likes her baths and likes to smell pretty. She then goes outside, finds the stinkiest part of the yard and rolls around in it. Perhaps we need Valium. No, not for Mimi, for me taking care of this neurotic dog.

No comments: