Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Top 12 girls on American Idol

The first week of American Idol after Hollywood week is always a little shaky. Seems like every year the song choice is a little skewed. They have a list to choose from with so many songs and yet they always seem to pick either something so obscure no one can identify with, or something so popular they can't do it justice.
Was it just me, or did Ellen look a little nervous? I thought she did a great job. Simon is still brutally honest and for the most part I agreed with him. Let's look at the girls one by one.
Paige got kudos and negativity. Saying she was the best singer was a little over the top as far as I was concerned. Her song was totally unforgettable.
Ashley singing Leona Lewis' Happy was a big mess. She was even off key a lot of the time.
Janell, one of my favorites picked a horrible song, she was off a little vocally and she was so nervous the mic was shaking.
Lilly, another one of my favorites, had a great look. As far as the song, hated the song!
Katelyn was just an unforgettable performance. I just figured she would do so much better.
Haeley, I have to admit is just not one of my favorites. Her song choice was awful and her voice was annoying. I really wanted to fast forward through her song. I hope that based on her performance that she is one of the ones to leave.
Lacey Brown has an amazing voice and I really like her but take about a weird song choice. She does have the most incredible face though, doesn't she?
Michelle performed Falling and I actually thought it was kinda boring. She too is very pretty though isn't she?
Didi picked a song that fit her voice and she was one I really disagreed with Simon. She should stay until next week so we can see that she has more in her repertoire.
Siobhan sang Wicked game the song best know for being played when Ross and Rachel finally got together on Friends. She did a really good job and I really hope she continues. She is a little quirky and I think will make American Idol a little more interesting.
Crystal, though a really good singer, I didn't like her song choice either. She is so talented, I almost felt like she tried to do too much the first week. I really feel like she needs more weeks and she will be one of those who will get better every week. I hope people are smart enough to vote for her.
Katie, another one of my favorites. She sang a Michael Buble arrangement of Feelin' Good. What was she thinking? I really feel like someone gave her some bad song choice advice. I so agree with all of the judges that she needs to embrace being 17. She should sing lots of bubbly young songs. I hope she gets a chance to continue, because if she improves the way Jordin Sparks did.... wow!
One of the hardest parts about singing on American Idol has to be receiving comments right after your performance. To stand there and not break out bawling would just be the hardest thing ever!
My choice for bottom two would be Haeley and perhaps Janelle. We will see.
BTW, I watch AI on dvr. It takes a two hour show down to less than an hour and a half. Commercial free!
Later.

No comments: