Monday, January 19, 2009

What happens next?

Well, today, for a lot of people was truly significant. I believe I was totally blessed by being raised by the parents I was given. Especially my father, he never met a stranger. But, neither one of my parents were the tiniest bit racist... towards any culture. I remember the end of the 60's some, but since my parents taught all 4 of us to see beyond (or not see at all) color, race or religion. I know there are still backwoods thinkers, and what a shame.
Tomorrow, another significant day, a new president will sworn in. I actually had a dream... (no pun intended) on the Saturday before election day. In the dream Obama and his wife were sitting at a table in a restaurant and someone introduced us. The introduction was "This is the next president." I remember not being really pleased at that, but in the dream, I was instructed to accept and pray for him.... Daily. I hope I can continue to do that. Some dream huh?
The real show of unity for the USA will be when we don't think of "black, white, mexican, asian" but, we just realize we all bleed red.
Cheers! and God Bless America!!

No comments: